PlatePass is an electronic toll payment solution that enables Fox Rent-A-Car customers to use cashless toll collection lanes or all-electronic toll roads and bridges. Tolls are assessed when the toll authority’s technology obtains a photo of the vehicle’s license plate. No additional equipment is required within the vehicle.
How much does PlatePass cost?
$11.99 per rental day. Maximum charge of 15 rental days or $179.85.
Why should customers use PlatePass?
Speed and convenience:
- No digging for exact change.
- Ability to use all-electronic toll roads and bridges.
- No waiting in cash-only toll lanes.
- All tolls included in one flat daily fee.
How is PlatePass Purchased?
At the counter:
- Customer accepts the service at the counter and is charged accordingly.
- All charges are displayed on the rental contract.
- When a customer returns the vehicle (to a location that offers PlatePass) and indicates they have used an all-electronic toll road, they can add PlatePass at the original rate.
- The customer must return to the counter to add the service and do so before the rental agreement has closed.
- Customers who wish to add PlatePass upon return can only do so if the return location offers the service.
Where is PlatePass Honored?
- All-electronic tollways are indicated with toll authority signage.
- PlatePass customers in Fox rental vehicles are covered on all-electronic tollways in California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, Texas and Washington.
- PlatePass is not available to FOX customers using the Chicago Skyway Interstate 90
Which tollways do not offer the option to pay for tolls with cash?
For a complete list of PlatePass covered tollways and bridges please visit www.PlatePass.com
What if a customer declines PlatePass at the counter, but drives on an all-electronic tollway without using a personal transponder compatible with the toll road?
- If a customer declines PlatePass at the counter, but uses an all-electronic tollway at any time during the rental without using their own transponder, paying cash, making a payment directly to the toll authority (if available) or purchasing PlatePass upon return, they will be charged an administrative fee of $15 per toll event, plus the cost of each toll at the toll authority’s highest undiscounted rate ($90 maximum administrative fee per rental agreement).
- Charges will be assessed after the rental has closed, and customers will receive an invoice by mail from Verra Mobility Processing Services.
- If left unpaid, the customer’s credit card on file with Fox will be charged, and the charges will appear as FOX TOLLS AND FINES.
What if a customer does not wish to purchase PlatePass?
- To avoid using PlatePass, pay all tolls with cash, with a personal toll transponder (where permitted) compatible with the toll road, or directly to the toll authority (where permitted).
- Some tollways without cash lanes permit payment in other ways and at other times. Toll authorities sometimes change their toll payment options. Check with the applicable toll authority to learn all payment options.
What are all-electronic tollways?
All-electronic toll roads and bridges operate using 100% electronic toll collection (also known as Open Road Tolling).
- Drivers using all-electronic tollways do not have the option to pay tolls with cash.
- Toll authorities are unable to bill rental car customers directly, so renters must be either enrolled into PlatePass, use another payment method approved by the toll authorities, or avoid toll roads or they will incur PlatePass opt-out fees.
- Drivers using an all-electronic tollway may see signs indicating vehicles without a compatible transponder will be billed for tolls by mail by the local toll authority. However, toll authorities are unable to bill rental customers directly. Invoices will be mailed by Verra Mobility Processing Services and will read FOX TOLLS AND FINES.
Can customers use a personal transponder to pay tolls in cashless lanes?
- Yes, customers can use a functioning transponder that is in good standing and compatible with the tollway and properly mounted in their rental vehicle.
- Toll authorities will apply incurred tolls to the customer’s compatible transponder if the equipment is functioning, the account is in good standing and is properly mounted.
What happens if customers use tollways not covered by PlatePass?
- Customers must pay cash for tolls or use a transponder compatible with the tollway or an alternative payment method approved by the toll authority (where permitted).
- If customers do not pay for tolls with cash or transponder, they will be issued a toll violation by mail from Verra Mobility Processing Services (administrative fee of $15 per toll event, plus the cost of each toll at the toll authority’s highest undiscounted rate). Maximum admin charge of $90 per rental agreement.
- PlatePass is not available on tollways and bridges in Alabama, Alaska, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina or Utah or California roads: I-15 Express Lanes and SR 237.
- Customers who incur parking, red light or bus lane violations will be charged a $40 administrative fee per occurrence. Invoices will be mailed by Verra Mobility Processing Services and will read FOX TOLLS AND FINES.
PlatePass is not available at all Fox locations.
- Rentals that originate from a location that does not offer PlatePass are not eligible for the service.
- If a customer has rented from a location where PlatePass is not available, and does not pay cash for tolls or use a personal transponder, they will be charged an administrative fee of $15 per toll event, plus the cost of each toll at the toll authority’s highest undiscounted rate ($90 maximum administrative fee per rental agreement). Invoices will be mailed by Verra Mobility Processing Services and will read FOX TOLLS AND FINES.